04 April 2022

Screwed And Tired

The right rear on The Beast has been slow leaking.

Today I found the culprit!

A small wood screw.

Since I am not yet completely mended, getting a tire plug in there was a lot more difficult than I would have expected it to be.

Yet, I persevered!

I certainly hope this fixes the leak until it's time for new tires.

Hell, if the local tire places weren't useless, I would have tried to have it patched.

But no matter how minor the puncture, their party line is the belts have been damaged and you need to buy a new tire.

2 comments:

  1. I've had weirder, I got one of those metal building screws with a rubber washer in a tire and because of the seal it held pressure but made a loud clicking noise. Fortunately Les Schwab patches holes for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tire shops are getting bad about that - it's an obvious ploy to make more money...
    I recently went to a shop to look into a patch; despite them having patched a tire for me before, they claimed they had never done it and it wasn't "cost effective".
    Fortunately, here my neighbor has a tire machine and will patch anything I ask him too.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.