12 April 2022

Two Months Is A Reasonable Amount

I tried to order a handguard from LaRue Tactical back in February.

As has become increasingly regular with them, they don't have anything in stock despite allowing you to place orders.

You enter indefinite back-order with no prediction or communication of when you will come out.

They don't actually charge you for the purchase until it ships, but you've got that charge hanging in your ledger for... months?

Months, from the manufacturer.

I guess there's a solid reason that American Defense Ind. mounts under several of my scopes instead of the desired LaRue.  I guess LaRue isn't the preferred mount any more, huh?

But, let's address the gorilla in the room.

It's 2022.

The internet is no longer new and strange.

Making sales over the internet is no longer unusual.

Live inventory tracking systems which show if a part is actually in stock or not which interface with your sales webpage are no longer innovative and uncommon.

Such tracking systems are the norm.

It's inexcusable to be selling online without it because you can get an off-the-shelf solution.

2 comments:

  1. :-) Seeing that a LOT in IT as well... We can order something, pay for it and then... Well, it'll get there if/when it does... If we're lucky I guess they don't charge until it ships, but does make scheduled upgrades a challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My understanding is that federal law requires a company to tell you if a part is on back order and after a certain amount of time, I think 90 days, they have to confirm you still want the part/

    Of course, some laws are enforced much less than others...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.