04 April 2022

Who Put The Ape In Appalling?

I recently found out that the SIG P220 was available in .38 Super.

The single example I found on Gunbroker is going went for $1,500 $1,675.  Magazines are over $150!

I don't think I will be getting an example, despite being vested in the caliber already.

It'd be cool though.

Definitely making a character with one in that caliber on the off chance that I ever get to play, rather than GM again.

PS: I think Glock is missing an untapped market of dozens of people not offering a .38 Super.  Just sayin'!  They could make tens of dollars!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, the .38 Super doesn't get much respect from the industry, but they've kept it in production since 1929 (getting close to a hunnert years now) so there is that. Back in much younger days, I was put off with price the ammunition was sold for, while still sticking to .41 Magnum for my big game for years, very close to same price iirc. Mainly FMJ ammunition though, that was the deal breaker for me.

    A Glock in the Super would probably give it a boost but I think fully adjustable sights would be needed to take care of that old flat shooting round.

    jrg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glocks can be had with adjustable sights, albeit I've found they can be a little fragile compared to their fixed choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .38 Super has been a niche round for years catering to 1911 race guns and export markets that restrict civilian ownership of military cartridges, hence the Mexican Cartel gun, a heavily decorated 1911 in .38 Super because. 45 ACP and 9mm Parebellum are illegal. I doubt we will see a resurgence of .38 Super like we did with 10mm Auto. I think it will become more obscure as .40 S&W has taken an increasing share of the major power race gun market.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.