01 April 2022

First Repair

The trim along the side of The Beast's driver's seat was all broken.  Happily you can still get them from GM.

Sadly they are expensive and take two weeks to arrive.

Happily the R&R is simple and easy.

I wonder at the mass of the cop who used this car before me.

The steel bucket for the seat was deformed and needed to be hammered back into shape before I could put the trim back in its slots.  The plastic tabs are reinforced with aluminum and those were STILL broken off!

The thin blue line ain't so thin if you ask me.

2 comments:

  1. Time to buy stock in Starbuck's and Krispy Kreme Donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't count the number of those I installed on Park Avenues and Lesabre's. Get wider in the beam as you get older.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.