10 April 2022

Lug Nuts

GM Parts Giant sells the following lug nut for $6.54 each.


That's GM p/n 09597846.  It's an M14x1.5 nut.  According to my VIN, this is the lug that came on the car along with the metal center caps.

If you want to use the larger diameter plastic wheel covers you need:

 

This is 09595175, it's also M14x1.5 but it has threads on the outside too so you can attach the plastic wheel covers to the rim.  They're $6.95 each.

Dorman makes a zinc plated version of the 09595175, Dorman 611-115, and that's what's on my car.


You can get 611-115 for $3.19 each or 20 for $35.49.

Also listed for my car is FABULOUS colored nut from Dorman:

This one comes in several colors, is open ended so there's a big hole in the center and you can get 20 for $34.99.

Nobody, but nobody, has a clone of the expensive GM closed end nut whom will admit fits my car!

Now, if you hit Amazon and search for M14-1.5 lug nut and filter for The Beast you will get a set of 20 lug nuts for $21.09 from a company called "Wheel Accessories Parts".

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.