08 July 2022

Dear Mr. Jackson

I read your post and I, once again, ask:

"What the fuck does this have to do with selling games?"

There's one thing I do want to fisk.

"[T]he Supreme Court ignored precedent, decency, and the majority voice, and overturned Roe v. Wade."

Actually, Roe was an opinion that ignored precedent.  There are only a couple of other opinions which ignored precedent harder.

Decency?  You fucking dare bring up decency when the people on your side are doing such indecent things as hounding justices out of restaurants and destroying businesses?  Hey, you own a business and have expressed a political opinion...

MAJORITY?  In your fucking dreams, Steve.  Look at the number of states which are banning it now that it is legal to do so.  The state legislative bodies are far more representative of their populations than the national one.  The People are voting, winning elections and having their voices heard.

I say all this as someone who is nominally pro-choice.

Roe v Wade was extraordinarily bad law.  It was argued and decided incorrectly.  Even the solidly pro-choice Ruth Bader-Ginsberg talked about how bad.

Well, I am happy you've decided to save me a ton of money and made my decision for me about buying some of the back-catalog I've been half wanting.

The game market isn't large enough to go and alienate more than half the audience.

3 comments:

  1. First time commenting on your site, though I've been reading every day for a couple of years now. Sad to say, but I will also not be buying any more SJG product. Now to decide if I'll still keep playing or find me a new RPG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sign your post next time!

      I intend to keep playing. He gets nothing from me playing, but he's lost the ability to make additional money from me.

      Delete
  2. This sort of situation is what the second-hand market is for. That's where I have to shop due to poverty, but in a lot of cases, it also means I'm not putting more money in the pockets of creators who do things I don't like. Steve Jackson's a fool.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.