10 July 2022

You Want Detail?

As far as GURPS and Twilight: 2000 are concerned, a protective mask is a protective mask.

It doesn't take a lot of digging to see that hardly any two nations used the same NBC equipment during the time frame given in the setting.  The US uses at least three different masks, for example.

What got me to looking for a place that had the details stems, from all things, watching Tom Hiddleston running through clouds of green poison gas wearing a, period correct, M9 mask.

I didn't know it was an M9 at the time, but wanted to know the designation.

That led to a deep dive into this page.

I can see I am going to be making an equipment list addendum for my GT2K conversion.

Something that should come up for the characters in T2K is the US masks not using NATO standard filters.

It's the kind of details that I obsess over that no player really appreciates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.