16 July 2022

Held Over

The Lovely Harvey is looking to be spending until Tuesday at the hospital as they try to figure out exactly what bug caused her infection.

She is doing well otherwise, with two hard-core antibiotics dripping into her veins at regular intervals.

Even once she comes home, she's going to get some home-healthcare visits to put more antibiotics in.

Yes, this was serious and thank The Gods we called it in early.

The main problem she's having is being bored and that the hospital is an hour from here.

Hard to get up there juggling The Boy.

But I've managed it once with the help of Marv, and he's made the trip as well; so she's not completely neglected and abandoned.

If it weren't for needing to be here with The Boy, I'd load up movies on my laptop and sit and watch all of Star Wars: The Clone Wars with her.

1 comment:

  1. Doing home IV antibiotics isn't hard. Time consuming, but I did it for 8 weeks one year, running home from work during lunch to plug her in and unplug. Keeping the iv port or whatever clean is the big thing. Keep it really clean. Cleaner than health care professionals normally keep things.

    I'm... well, weird, what do you say to an atheist that means "Y'all in my prayers"? If you know, insert comment there.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.