27 July 2022

Oh No! Anyway

Pelosi has pulled the House's AWB bill for now.

I am wondering if "there's an election in just over three months" had a major role to play.

It's been humorous watching the anti-gun Dems inadvertently proving, again and again, that modern sporting rifles are in common use and on the other side of the bright line in the sand test from no less than three Supreme Court rulings.

And it's millions of guns.

I can't find the damn case, but there is a ruling that puts just a few thousand examples of something as being in common use.  I can't remember if it was knives or tasers.  It might even be switchblades.

Comment if you remember this one too! 

UPDATE:

The cookie goes to That Fucker Fleetwood for remembering it was stun guns.

That gives us Caetano v Mass at the USSC.

It's also yet another decision that says that it's not just the arms that where available at the time of the 2nd Amendment's ratification which are protected.

6 comments:

  1. I think it was stun guns and concerned one of the northeastern blue states (Mass. or R.I. ?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some places up in those whacky NE states a nail clipper is considered a deadly weapon. If you can't take it in your carry-on bag on a plane it is probably illegal in Mass or NY.

      Delete
    2. The last time I went in to talk to the people in the Federal building in Des Moines, they made me get rid of the tiny little nail clipper on my key ring. The time before that, they wanted me to get rid of my Swiss Army knife, and I had to walk back five blocks to put it in my car. Cowards!

      Delete
  2. The passage you are looking for is on page 19 of the main NYSRPA v. Bruen opinion.

    There's also the Maloney v. Singas (2018) case out of the 2nd circuit, that made a lot of headlines because the type of arm banned, nunchucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caetano was the one I was thinking of. I'm noticing that it's a feature of several rulings.

      Delete
  3. NYC, until they lost some court cases and eventually repealed at least part of the laws used to ban items as innocuous as box cutters and other utility knives that in most other areas you can buy at Home Depot. And not always just in cases where said boxcutter was used to threaten or injure someone... boxcutters in toolboxes in the back of work trucks. Possessed by people in skilled trades like carpentry...

    I just don't know how people can live in places like that. Even here in Texas we had some pretty awful knife laws that have been mostly repealed. But I still hear liberals crying about "it's for the children" that these kind of bans exist.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.