13 December 2023

Used To Getting Their Way

The Democrats appear to have lost the ability to negotiate.

I remember the Reagan and Tip O'Neill days.

Ronnie wanted more defense spending and Tip would get social programs in return.

Still dealing with the latter, but we got the military that ended the Soviet Union and defeated Iraq in a timescale unpredicted and unbelieved until it happened.

Now they want more money for Ukraine.

Ukraine does need it.

The Republicans are saying, "fine, but we want that border closed and aid for Israel and East China Taiwan."

And the Democrats are throwing a fit.

I'd be, "OK, leave the border open, but the NFA and GCA get repealed before another dime goes to Zelenski."

I'm OK with supporting Ukraine, but I think I want something for ME out of this... for a change.

4 comments:

  1. Before I commit myself to allocating more, I want to know the limit of what U.S. is willing to spend on another foreign country. Last i heard, we are already in debt to our nutz and they want to send $$$ to help others out ? Why again does this become OUR problem, the U.S. tax payer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh ! forgot to sign again - sorry !

    jrg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty unclear what, if any national interest we have in Ukraine... Or frankly most of the other places we are sending money... Just me I suppose. Though I DO have a great deal of interest in closing the border and repealing NFA, etc... So, if this is how the sausage is made, so be it I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Repeal GCA 1968 and NFA 1934!
    -swj

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.