03 December 2023

Who Wants To Live Forever

I was nearly 80 when they finally perfected reading a mind into the machine.

It was an accident that I could afford to do so.

There were too many memories attached to the three properties that'd kept me from selling for so many years after everyone else had passed on.

Winning the genetic lottery means that you will outlive everyone you know.

It's not fun.

But old age is not for sissies.

I am finding that immortality is much harder than being old.

1 comment:

  1. I do wish Heinlein were still with us and writing. Some of the greatest stories ever created - long live Lazarus Long

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.