16 December 2015

Something Occurs

Some of the gun pictures I've posted here aren't pictures of my guns.

They're other people's guns.

They're loaned to me for the purpose of taking the pics and posting those pics to this blog.

In Washington, what we've done is illegal.  Not only is it illegal, I'm dumb enough to post evidence of the crime to the internet!

Good thing we're in Florida, huh?

A universal background check law for even a casual transfer like happens when, say, Willard loans me a gun for a couple days to make comparison pictures would pretty much keep me from being able to take such pictures.

The costs of doing such background checks would rapidly become prohibitive.

Because I have a C&R, I might slip by on a technicality (for the older guns), but I'll bet the ATF would be very interested in my bound book having lots of transfers from and to the same person in a short calendar period.  And in typical ATF fashion, they've ruled both that any time I take possession of a gun that's C&R eligible I have to enter it into my bound book AND that loans aren't transfers so no need to record them because actual ownership did not change.  Depends on the auguries the day your letter gets written, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.