31 October 2016

Let Them Hate So Long As They Fear

The Air Force has reopened the depot that refurbishes the A-10.

I support this plan.  This should also get ALL of the A-10's that can be made flyable up to the A-10C standard instead of just the last few they grudgingly kept flying while they took a knee and ran the clock out.

I also support getting the damned F-35A up, running and dropping ordnance wherever the USAF is fighting.

Why both planes?

Because it's a rare opponent or potential opponent that isn't scared shitless by the Thunderbolt II Warthog.

I want the bad guys to piss themselves when my planes darken the sky.

On the face of it, there's nothing the Warthog can do that the Lightning can't...  Except loiter time and that great honking gun...  A gun that really doesn't get used all that often, but it's the feature they're most scared of.

The lack of ammo in the F-35 gun options really bugs me too.  Strafing is, in addition to the damage it inflicts, also a psyop.  More dakka is never a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. It's kind of a puzzle that the desert isn't more fertile.

    With the amount of ... er ... excrement that must go flying when that gun goes dakka-dakka-dakka, I would have thought ANYTHING would grow.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.