23 October 2016

A Reminder For New Readers


"Try to remember you are a guest here when you comment. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired."

My lead in to a topic might not be what the topic is about.  Sometimes that lead in is on a tiresome topic that I will not debate here, because the horse is fucking DEAD and no amount of giddy-up is going to make it ride.

The most recent example is pointing out constitutional powers and using abortion as an example.

This was not an invitation to debate abortion.  Or Islam.

Thank you: The Management.

PS: You can thank RavenclawEric for the "off topic" comment deletion rule.  He's the master of latching on to an aside and running with a rant about it.  And I will add mention of the Anglave rule: "If you've so much to say, you should have your own blog to say it."

PPS: The comment deletion policy is brutal, by the way.  Others shat in the pool and made it what it is.  Interestingly, it's a hammer I've not had to wield very often, but I can see with a wider readership it's going to come up more often.  I don't suffer trolls.  Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.