31 October 2016

That There Behind Us Was The Event Horizon

And I quote, "IMPORTANT: These plates are meant to be used strictly as a fitness accessory and should never be used as body armor."

Bold and italics in original.

I can now buy fake plates for my tacticool vest plate-carrier for the express purpose of exercising.

Just $41 for the 5-3/4 lb. plate (3/16" thick) and $54 for the 8-3/4 lb. plate (5/16" thick).

Laser cutting and powder coating sure must be expensive, because that's a $15 hunk of metal for the thin plate and $19 for the thick one either in common as dirt A-36 steel.

Update: these are single sheet, retail prices for the metal; if you're going to go into business doing this you can get it down to $5 per square foot for the 3/16" and $7 for the 5/16" and a square foot is ample to make the plate.

Here's your sign.  I printed it on the plate for you!

1 comment:

  1. I wound up buying a basic plate carrier with NIJ III plates for the same as I'd spend on a weighted training vest in the same weight class with no bullet resistance.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.