13 October 2016

Things To Do When You're Bored And A Geek

Go through the Midway ammo section and find all the pistol caliber shotshells; then run the conversion process from High Tech on them.

#4 Bird is 1d-4(0.5) pi- 20/300.
#9 Bird is 1d-5(0.5) pi- 10/100.
#12 Pest is 1d-5(0.2) pi- 10/100.

The only difference between calibers becomes the number of pellets.

You will be availing yourself of the blunt trauma rules because none of these will do damage based on actual dice.

Because these can kill small things in the real world, small critters must have a super fragile rule or something.  Taking away the default DR 1 for DR 0 would do it.  I guess you could get a DR -1 for [-5] points and that would remove the DR 1 against fractional armor divisors.

3 comments:

  1. I've used CCI .44 Special/Mag snake loads on timber rattlers in Northern California (thick in the lava fields/timber around Mt Shasta where I lived for a few years). At ten feet it will remove a rattler's head. I know that for a fact, having done it twice. Ten buttons on one of them, eleven on the other. IIRC, the .44 loads are made with #9 shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, McThag. I did go a little long in pointing out the difference to you, but I didn't realize you were that sensitive. I get the message and won't interfere with your opinion of yourself again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I think you have a fine blog and I very much would like to blog exchange with you Check me out at http://www.thelasttradition.com/ If you like what you see I hope you add me.. I'll do the same. Take care

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.