12 January 2017

Dye Dye Dye My Darling

I now have a purple PMAG Gen M3 to go with Lavender Linda.


Cavalry Manufacturing's "grape" is a bit bluer and Rit's "purple" is a bit redder.

We didn't pursue it too hard because of how three formulas for brown came out various shades of dark green.


Blue came out great!


Zombie Green came out excellent.  2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of Lemon Yellow and 2 teaspoons of Aquamarine into about 4 cups of water in a glass bread pan.

The purple is 2 teaspoons of Purple into the same bread pan.

The blue is 2 tablespoons of Royal Blue.

The green is 2 tablespoons of Dark Brown!  Go figure.


Ready for Zombies!

We didn't want Willard to feel left out, so we dyed a PMAG-40 Gen M3 in this lovely shade of orange by putting 4 tablespoons of Tangerine into a 12x9 Pyrex pan.


And I forgot it at Marvs...

1 comment:

  1. I like that Royal Blue the most. I don't have any dyeable furniture or magazines, so it's probably not gonna happen for me anytime soon, but it looks good.

    Give us a report on durability some time, OK? I'd like to know how it stands up to regular handling.

    The home anodizing guys use Rit Dye in aluminum anodizing all the time, and it wears quite well in that use.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.