16 January 2019

Do I Wanna Get Back On This Treadmill

I've long been a fan of flight sims.

I've spent many long hours buzzing the virtual towers.

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, several iterations of Falcon, Navy Fighters, Strike Fighters...  Microsoft's Flight Simulator in lots of versions...

The bug is starting to bite again for DCS or Digital Combat Simulator.

Literally "The Bug" because the F/A-18C is one of the modules.  The F-14A and F-14B are very close to being released.  It also has something of a sim unicorn for me, the SAAB AJS-37 Viggen.  If it had the F-4 Phantom and F-8 Crusader I would already have sold a kidney to get it.

It looks absolutely stunning in the videos I've been watching of others playing it.

It has a lot more fidelity than Strike Fighters because it's a study sim instead of a survey sim.

Getting DCS would mean a new machine with a lot more smoke.  I think I'd also want to get some virtual reality in the form of an Occulus Rift.  The reviews are consistent about how much they improve situational awareness.

My current stick, throttle and pedals will serve, but I'd be wanting an expensive upgrade to those in short order I am sure.  If for no other reason than they're starting to wear out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.