21 January 2019

Pandering To My Readers

The same caliber rifle/pistol...  What is the proper term?  Battery?  Brace?

Anyways we found this lovely at the local pawn today:


In case you can't read the caliber on the ammo box.


It does mate well with the Auto-Ordinance M1 Carbine!


The carbine is just a bit more than double the weight of the revolver.  The revolver feels heavier in the hand though.

The Blackhawk is a 1969 made gun, which is the first year of actual production in this chambering with only one .30 Carbine being made in 1968.  This is amusing because Willard and I were just talking about how C&R is a rolling 50-year age.  This revolver will be C&R sometime this year.

4 comments:

  1. Please do a range report and tell us how many windows get blown out, and what the blast radius is?

    That's a nice looking set of guns you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a limited edition Blackhawk .32 H&R mag/.32-20 convertible from Buckeye Sports back in about 1988. I was thinking lately about getting a lever action .32-20 to go with it, but yikes. I'm not really into it enough to pay $1500+ for an old rifle. I could get a Henry Big Boy Classic in .327 Federal and shoot .32 H&R in it, but it wouldn't be quite the same as an old, pretty much obsolete cartridge......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color me jealous.
    I'd love to find a .30 Ruger 3-screw in a local pawn shop.

    Have fond memories of one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished an Article in the May-June issue of American Handgunner magazine about this very thing. The author called a gun-store and the Owner said I have two 30 caliber carbines one is a Mannlicher stock M-! Carbine and the other was the Ruger Single Action. The owner asked him which one he wanted the author said both. I have a hankering now for both as well.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.