01 January 2019

Why Didn't I Think Of This Earlier?

I've been corresponding with a gentleman on Facebook about tracking down the history of the M1911A1 I was issued back in '89.

He's connected with someone who can dig in the computers and look things up.

Today he says:

Oh, call the CMP with the serial.  See if they have it.  If they do, they will flag it and you can actually buy it.  Tell them you were issued it.  If it's in their system, which it most likely is, they flag the serial and won't sell unless you tell them your don't want it.  I've done this on others ones before.

It's worth a shot!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angus;

    That would be righteously cool if they can do that. That would be seriously blogworthy and an eventual heirloom item passed down for generations :)

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.