14 August 2020

Good News I Guess

A three judge panel of the 9th Circus Circuit Court has struck down California's ban on normal capacity magazines.

This upholds a 2017 ruling that the ban was unconstitutional.

The 2017 ruling allowed a very brief window where Californians could buy normal cap mags, but the judge allowed the ban to stand while California appealed.

I expect that to repeat without the brief window where sales are allowed when California appeals this to an En Banc hearing of the 9th.

Then I expect California to appeal it to the Supreme Court if they lose again.

That loss is not certain because this is the 9th Circuit and a different 3-judge panel in 2015 upheld the ban.

It's taken 20 years to get this far.  How many more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.