14 August 2020

People Laughed

Some laughed at me when I bought the guns, but I can still get ammo at normal prices.



.38 Super and .270 Winchester are still in stock at pre-Wu Ping Cough / pre-BLM prices.

While the lack of rounds is a bit of concern, my Gov't Model was banned from two bowling pin matches because I kept winning.

I've gotten all five rounds touching at 100 yards with the Savage.

I shoot them well, what can I say?

Always keep a brace of guns in an oddball, but still produced, caliber just in case the popular stuff gets hard to find.

3 comments:

  1. "Always keep a brace of guns in an oddball, but still produced, caliber just in case the popular stuff gets hard to find." Well said. A bolt rifle in 7.62x39 to me is such an animal. Especially if you were a fan of the semi-autos that chambered that round before it became . If a lower cost version is wanted, the plain jane 30-30 Winchester lever gun will get the job done.

    Handgun - a bit more challenging. If you have a Ruger Blackhawk in .45acp and .45 LC, that has possbilities.

    jrg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7.62x39 is mainstream, not oddball.

      The metric isn't a gun that's odd for the caliber but common enough that they make ammo all year but unpopular enough that Wal Mart has it when a Democrat is doing well in the polls.

      Delete
  2. Other calibers that remained on the shelf thru the past two ammo shortages are 30-30, 243, 270, 7mm Rem mag, & 300 Win msg.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.