02 July 2021

Giving Up

My M16A4 clone is no longer chasing the willow-d-wisp of being any sort of period correct.

This configuration suits me just fine.  Except for the optic, I'd call it legal (and maybe even with the optic if a CO was being nice).

The people in the A4 clone world are farb catchers like the worst of the flight-sim rivet-counters.

They basically only allow the fire control group and a semi-auto lower to be anything but genuine real deal parts.  And Gods save you if you put an M150 ACOG with a KAC rear BUIS!

I'm not dropping another two grand on the rifle to get complete authenticity.

What I had pictured here:

Meets my personal standards and you can't tell the optic isn't the correct sub-model from farther than you can read 8-point font anyway!

Imagine the vapors if I'd just used a green illuminated TA31 BAC instead of a TA31-F RCO M150 here!

One bonus of going my own way is to completely ignore the absolutely retarded sling and buttstock magazine pouch that's on every Jarhead A4.

If you look hard at it and think, "if a three-prong flash-hider was dropped for snagging on shit..." you've got to wonder what all the yards of loose 1-1/4" webbing will grab onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.