31 July 2021

Rabbit Holes

Why, when we have a perfectly serviceable 9mm, do we cast about for a different one?

I have an M&P 9 that's fine for carry.

I have a Glock 17 that I shoot pretty well.

That'd be enough 9x19 for most any occasion, no?

Why'd I get so many others?

Because my monkey fingers like to play with different designs and grok them to fullness!

One learns a lot about what works and what doesn't in pistol design this way.

One also makes a huge list of GURPS stats which doesn't matter in the real world in the least.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you there. I have 3 9s, a S&W 5906, Browning Hi-Power and SIG P226. All shoot differently and are fun to shoot in their own way. I also have 3 .38s, a Model 49 Bodyguard, the same gun carried by Rico Tubbs in Miami Vice, a 65 (former police gun) and 28-2 Highway Patrolman. All 3 are great guns..but, wow, the 28-2 is a wonderous bit of machinery.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.