06 July 2021

My Crystal Ball Is Defective

The post about my 5.56 history got me looking at other guns that I'd sold and what their values are today.

I've owned some rare ass collectables that I'd bought new when they weren't collectable!  Or had not found a collector following when I was buying them.

Gen 1 Glock 17.

Mini-14.

Klackamas imported Daewoo DR200.

Anaconda.

USGI M1911A1.

Far too often I've let go of a gun far too cheaply because I didn't plan for an emergency or my planning was insufficient to the scale of the problem.

But most of the time when I unassed a gun, its replacement had just been purchased.

I really did sell the gen 1 Glock and the M1911A1 to get the Glock 21 I still have.

Why would I need two Glocks and two pistols in .45 anyway?

For a long time my "collection" was A gun in each category.  A pistol.  A modern rifle.  A shotgun.

I didn't accumulate more than one per role.

Well, I also just checked prices on Mosins, particularly Finnish Mosins.

Why did y'all waste your money in real estate?

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Still have my gen 1 tupperware. When I was at the peace officers academy, range week and defensive training kept having people sidle up to me and ask what serial number. Mine's a "CX", first ones imported to U.S. were "AH".
    And my mini is a 183-... serial.
    I'm not a collector, but I am a serious accumulator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah! mine is totally broken. once traded an hk94 w/ 10 mags now worth 5 plus grand for an ar15, still worth the same 500 dollars it was back then. you already know about the daewoo, ugh. a colt gold cup i sold b/c a girlfriend was afraid to have it in the house. never be that weak again..the list goes on. and who knew those 39 dollar surplus guns would go up 1200%?

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.