25 July 2021

Like A Butcher Block

Pretty groady at the start.


 Then we started sanding...

Our kitchen table is an old drafting table my dad gave me back in 1985.

To say that it's seen some miles would be an understatement.

Dad got it from his workplace when they started changing from pen and paper to CAD.

Most of its life it was my desk/work bench.  It was not pampered.

The Lovely Harvey has been after us to sand and refinish the top for a while, the old linseed finish had gotten sticky and it was attracting everything.

So I kidnapped Marvyn and we attacked it with the random orbital sanders.  80 then 150 then 220 then 400 then a few coats of clear satin polyurethane.

Harvey took more pics than I did, but I'll get more posted once everything has dried and there's good light.

I think it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.