22 July 2021

Double

For clarity's sake:

The CZ-75 P-01 did not have a malfunction and fire two rounds.

It fired two rounds because I was attempting to only release the trigger just past the reset point to speed up my shooting times.  But doing so while bringing the gun back on target rather than waiting until the sights were lined up again.

While that part succeeded, the gun did not fire intentionally.  A negligent discharge under the best case conditions if you drill down all the way.

Happily, I wasn't very far off target when absorbing the recoil and got the "bonus" round.

I've amended how I shoot DA/SA guns and it doesn't seem to really slow me down that much, but definitely changes if I fire the next round intentionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.