24 April 2024

Misapprehension

What are most of my GURPS posts?

Reality checks.

Way back when, Steve Jackson Games put out that if you found something that failed the reality check, go with reality.

Since then I've made a hobby of seeing how many things I could find that passed that check, and answering, "Will it GURPS?" in the affirmative.

So far, just a single well documented death from .25 ACP has failed to GURPS of the things I've checked.

Stats for guns not included with the game or any of the supplements is another portion.

There's probably hardly a group playing GURPS 4e that needs more than you can get with the published stats, but I like the strange stuff.  We were using FG.42 in our 3e game years before GURPS WW2 came out.

But my GURPS posts aren't about how I run my campaigns.

They aren't explanations about the basic concepts of the rules or how they work.

A couple of pushy commenters aren't going to get to comment anymore because they couldn't decipher this.  Good riddance!

That pushiness makes me want to mention the sidebar to the right.

There's topics you can click on that lead you to everything I've marked with that topic since 2005.

There's a search bar at the top left that lets you search for a specific word I've used since 2005.

I use them a lot in a game attempt to keep from repeating myself.

Most galling is the times that I've been asked for an explanation to find the asker didn't even read it; then demands the same explanation again.

If you're not going to bother reading, why are you even here?

The excuse, "I don't visit every day," doesn't fly because you can scroll back to where you left off last visit; and if you don't I make about three posts a day of varying lengths.

You're going to miss something if you don't read regular like!

Like a reply to a question you asked!

2 comments:

  1. I like them. It makes more sense than the fudgy stats of D&D and other games. Wish I had gotten into GURPS instead of spending way too much time trying to make various versions of System Gygax make sense.

    As to .25ACP, it was meant to be used in light and concealable pistols. Shoot once to warn, continue to shoot until the gun is empty. 5-6 small holes can cause a lot of leakage of blood, other fluids and air. Better than nothing, and not a bad gun if not used in some crappy Lorcin or other Ghetto-blaster. A nice Colt .25 semiauto, if you can find it, is reliable and better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .25 ACP, except for that one long range example (https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/10/does-it-gurps.html) behaves in GURPS as it appears to behave in the real world.

      .25 and .32 ACP were also from an era before antibiotics and any perforation could be expected to lead to an agonizing infection and death. I tend to gloss over this in most GURPS campaigns because the players are already generally convinced I have it out for them.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.