09 April 2024

Running Gag

Willard and I have a little skit that amuses us to no end.

We have Antonin of the Czechoslovakian Army Armaments board and Yuri from the Soviet Union Warsaw Pact Standardization Liaison Mission.

A: (Holding a Cz.52 pistol) Is Tokarev.

Y: Is not!

A: See, uses same ammo.  Is Tokarev.

Y: It is not!  The magazine is different and it doesn't even look the same!

A: I don't understand.  Is same.

Y: They don't even work the same way!

A: But same ammo.  You said same ammo important, that is why we change SKS (referring to vz.52 and vz.52/57).

Y: THAT WASN'T AN SKS!

A: Well, at least this is good AK! (Holding vz.58)

Y: That overgrown Walther P.38 is not an AK!

A: Sure it is,  30 round magazine, uses ammo you say to use, pistol grip.  Is same.

Y: That's not the right magazine...

A: We had to change when you said to stop using our better round...

Y: (taking big swig of vodka) You didn't even use our bayonet.  And the muzzle threads are backwards so you can't even use our blank adapter.  Not one gun you've shown me is the same as what everyone else is using.

A: (Holding vz.59 MG) Then you don't want to see our PKM?

Y: (SCREAMS) Even the fucking Poles got this right!  The Gods forsaken Germans fell right into line, but you!

 A: I don't understand why you are so upset, we do what you say, we just fix.

So when I call the Cz.52 pistol a Tokarev, I am riffing off this bit of humor.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, another collector of Czech weapons? Solid pistols and I picked up a bunch of the vz 52's when they were being dumped for $15/per back in the 90's... Amusing, but with the 7.62x45 ammo being "limited" would be less useful if I didn't also pick up a lot of it back then...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.