20 February 2016

Backwards

The LaRue RCO mount I got for my PAC5X scope put it about on Picatinny notch farther forward than I wanted it.

It hit me today that the mount is reversible!  So I reversed it.

Before...


After...


The RCO (oriented "correctly") is designed to put an ACOG a lot father back on the rifle and is intended to be used without a BUIS, so the contour of the "tail" matches the top of the charging handle boss on the upper receiver.  That little tail interferes with the BUIS I've mounted if I wanted to put the scope where I wanted it.

Reversing the mount lets me put it where I prefer it and requires I go to the range and zero the rifle anew.

Darn!  I have to go shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.