24 February 2016

There Is A Trick

Since nobody was complaining about how hard it is to get the grenade-sight gas-plug out of an FAL, I figured I was doing it wrong.

I was correct.

I figured it out!

First, the button doesn't lock into the gas-block like the Austrian one it replaced and the Brit one I was more familiar with.

The ears on the grenade sight lock it to the block instead and the button lets the sight flip so the ears disengage.

The long side of that button slips readily above the barrel from the left side, but not the right.  This is rotating it the opposite direction from the Austrian sight for removal.

DUR!

All better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.