09 February 2016

Shooty Tuesday

The Cobra CS25CP shoots like a laser...  It bounces off paper.


I fired 34 rounds of the white box and 6 rounds of hollow point at 4 whole yards.

I experienced no failures to feed, but was consistently unable to fire a third shot without opening the action and clearing the chambered rounds.  Despite constant double feeds, reliability was flawless!


Accuracy with the abysmal sights and atrocious trigger was... fair?

When it started warming up, extraction became tedious.

A far better performer was Willard's new-to-him Glock 19!



I goaded him into buying this yesterday and he picked it up for $300!  I think he got a hell of a deal.  Someone who at least listened to someone who gave good advice on upgrading your Glock once owned this pistol.  The trigger is very sweet.  Smooth predictable pull, sharp break, positive reset.  I've got to see if I can pry it out of his clawed hands!  He didn't want it, but the shop we were at is changing owners and the current owner is doing the "everything must go!" thing; so the deal on the Glock was somewhat contingent on the purchase of everything under the counter.

1 comment:

  1. I experienced no failures to feed, but was consistently unable to fire a third shot without opening the action and clearing the chambered rounds. Despite constant double feeds, reliability was flawless! I saw what you did there.

    Although I didn't get the joke at first. My first reaction was "third shot? It's a two shot Derringer"!?!

    Obligatory story: I have a .25 Autoloader, a Galesi that my father owned and left me. It's from back before the '68 GCA and ban on "Saturday night specials", otherwise known as "cheap, effective self-defense". I shoot it every now and then.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.