09 February 2016

What Did He Do?

XBradTC at Bring the Heat, Bring the Stupid appears to have been suspended by WordPress for a violation of their terms of service.

It makes you wonder what the violation could be, but I note that their terms contain language that adds up to, "we can nuke your account if we have a pissy day and decide to take it out on you, and there's nothing you can do about it."

UPDATE:

From his Facebook page: "I'm having some issues migrating to a new provider and domain mapping. Literally working on it right now. "

1 comment:

  1. Just went through that hell myself. The "violation: is that Wordpress being so popular and Open Sourced where you can add tons of extra widgets to configure your site, is obnoxiously hungry for server resources. You are told to upgrade your hosting service from the cheap shared plan to something more professional/heavier traffic server.
    HostGator effed up my migration and had me off the net for 2 weeks...

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.