19 March 2020

Zoom


While I haven't had the AR500 Tetsudo out to play yet.

The rest of it is my go-bag and what's been to two carbine classes.

I rag on such classes being mandatory and considering them to be the only way to learn the material.

I think of these classes like the Navy thinks of TOPGUN.  They're not training A pilot to be a master dogfighter.  They're creating a teacher who goes back to the fleet and their squadron to pass the information on.

Yes, thinking of it that way breaks the gun-dojo secret arts model.

Such classes are great fun, and if you can convince someone else to pay for them, they're even more enjoyable.  I am not sure I really learned much, but I got to practice.  Practice is never wasted.

I certainly learned that I am definitely low-speed, high-drag thanks to the gimpy leg.  Oddly this made me do better than some because I naturally don't move as fast.  I think it made me more careful about the shooting part to make up for the moving part being much slower.

Friend who paid asked to be anonymous, place we went had given him a "friend" discount so, likewise, didn't want us bragging about that.

Not that you've ever heard of them.  Just another veteran making a buck from stuff they learned as a grunt.

But that's not what hit me.

I take good care of my guns.  Even so, Kaylee is showing honest wear.  Little nicks and scratches.  Finish being worn off the high spots.  Small accumulations of range crud that were somehow missed in the last clean-up.

She'd prolly look worse if I had not changed the furniture and barrel several times.

It's also interesting to me that after all those swaps...  The USGI M4 stuff is what turned out to be the most comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.