16 March 2020

A Bit Of Chest Thumping

Over on my real-name facebook account...

A buddy posted that if you don't own a firearm, you are just buying groceries for someone who does.

I counter that if you do own a firearm and have no will for violence, you've just bought a gun for someone who has.

If you're unwilling to pull the trigger when someone pulls a knife, you've brought nothing to a knife fight.

This thing called will is really the core of what the pro-gun side has been saying for decades.  It requires a person to take an action to work.

Firearms are neither talisman or deodand.

They're simply tools.

1 comment:

  1. I pray the drooling zombies in full panic mode that can't get a roll of toilet paper (or any other supply they NEED that they think I might have) don't come to my house looking to get mine. Because as a hard man prepared to exact violence to protect my castle and all its occupants, there will be bodies stacked at the end of my driveway wearing signs that say, "I came to plunder but died instead!"

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.