03 March 2020

I Beg To Differ



I own a gun.

I know all ten amendments of the Bill of Rights.  I do defend them all.

I was MOS 19K.  You know what that means?

That means I DO know how fucking tanks work.

I'm willing to posit that Mr Hofstetter has no clue how tanks work and wouldn't know what track tension was if we used him as an end connector.

As for nobody is coming for our guns?  Dumbass, you live in California.  The state government has already come for guns which were registered as you seem to advocate.

You're also not just ignorant of tanks, you're ignorant of your own native language and make the common mistake of what regulated means.  Never mind that the "regulated" reference is the subservient clause of the amendment you're mocking.

Even given that the gubmint might be able to regulate (like he means) and register guns...  That whole privacy thing guaranteed by the 4th Amendment and the protections of self incrimination from the 5th Amendment should preclude any attempt at registering firearms.

Especially since prior restraint is a thing.

I wasn't supposed to know all this, was I?

All of this aside, he's actually funny.  Worth a watch, and it's free on YouTube.

Update:

California has, also, already come for the cars.  CARB and related agencies have made it increasingly difficult to own a car that's not still under its factory warranty or old enough to be exempt.

They repealed the rolling date cutoff for being old enough and the cars which are exempt are now expensive collectible cars.  The average person doesn't own one.


3 comments:

  1. I was 19D. We used to call 19E's dumbass tankers and 19K's computerized dumbass tankers. Always said with love though because we were all Cav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were in the big beer tent in the fairgrounds in Stuttgart drinking with the guys from 1/4 Cav we commented, "Scouts are kinda like grunts, but since they're not actually grunts... BROTHERS!"

      Delete
  2. Being stationed in Germany was a great time. A lot of fond memories.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.