22 November 2022

Bigger Wrench

Going to embark on doing the inner tie-rods on The Beast soon.

I discovered that I don't have a big enough wrench.

The flats appear to be 32mm.

I don't even have a Crescent® Swedish key adjustable wrench that's big enough.

Looks like a trip to one of the stores carrying the new inner to get a wrench and hoping that the one on the car is the same size.

Prolly get the correct size wrench AND a new crescent wrench that will go big enough.

The best news is that the placement of the rack is such that I can get a wrench on it and don't have to resort to one of those tube-and-adaptor socket dealies.

Something that's mildly amusing is not a single video of someone doing this is shown holding the rack with a pair of soft jaw pliers when they're taking off the inner.

The service manual says to do so.

Heck, they're not holding that thing with anything, and some are pounding that inner off too.

3 comments:

  1. Some auto parts stores lend or rent tools . Might save some money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that I save money if I never use the tool again to rent it. On the third use, buying it saves. In time if not money.

      Delete
  2. Crescent wrench aka Swedish Nut Lathe. Nothing better to round em over!

    BC

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.