19 November 2022

Head

After weighing my Stahlhelm M16 and noticing that, except for weight, it conforms to the DR 6 heavy helmet from GURPS: High Tech, 5 lb. by the book, I got to wondering how that TL6 WW1 helmet compares to other adventuring wear.

My M16 is 2.9 lb. (size 64) with its anachronistic M35 suspension system and gives DR 6.

TL2 DR 6 medium plate for the skull runs 4 lb. unpadded or DR 7 and 5.2 lb. with padding.

The TL8 PASGT helmet is NIJ IIIA rated, so DR 12 at 3.4 lb. (medium size).  GURPS: High Tech says that such helmets should be DR 5 and 3 lb.

I tend to go with real world numbers where I can find them.

Every time I drag out my kevlar, I notice that the helmet cover still has PFC rank on it.  This was my "inspection" cover.  I turned my "field" cover with the SGT rank on it in with my helmet when I ETS'd.

As a private fucking citizen, I've never changed the rank on the helmet I got from a gun show in Des Moines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.