06 November 2022

It Can't Be That Much Better Can It?

I'm noticing that the M&P 9 Metal has hit the shelves.

For a solid $200 more than it's plastic progenitor.

On one hand, that's still $400 cheaper than a new FN High-Power, on the other; one has to ask if it's 1/3 better than the polymer frame because that's what they're asking for here.

This tracks with S&W's MSRP when I compare like features to like features so as to get as close to an apples to apples comparison as I can.

The truth will be in the shooting, but I'm not going to be shooting one unless S&W happens to be reading this and drops me an email.

I will happily take one to the range and see how it compares to their older versions of the gun.

Assuming they want an honest review.

I'm never sure.

On the other side of things, being honest, the M&P 9 2.0 Compact is so much better than the M&P 9 1.0 Full-Size that I'm seriously considering trading the 1.0 for a 2.0 full size.

The Sheild Plus is definitely a big improvement over the OG Shield.

They do make improvements with each iteration which are generally worth having.

Though, I don't know if I like the gray on the metal version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.