10 November 2022

Someone Missed It

I am becoming aware that it doesn't matter what I've said before, only what I said last matters to some readers.

I said, and I stand by, that Trump being Trump probably cost several candidates some votes and generated an opposition which probably would not have materialized had he not endorsed candidates.

But where, in that position, is "I think Trump was a bad president who accomplished nothing of value in his four years in office,"?

I mentioned that he's polarizing.

I voted for someone else in the primaries.

I was surprised he'd won, but I Grokked that he was nominated because the other candidates weren't going to make it.

I was really surprised when he defeated Hillary.

But I am not surprised he's a single term president.

Almost all the great stuff he did, he did in concert with the Republican leadership.  When he went off on a tangent, he didn't get much done.

He is an outsider and doesn't know how to get things done using the system.

The problem is that insiders who know how to get things done, don't.

His disruption of the normal ways of doing things was welcome, and his downfall.

He's too thin skinned.  Too petulant.  Too... himself.

If you want a great example, he's attacking DeSantis because Ron is not ruling out going for the presidential brass ring.

Not over any DeSantis policy that doesn't align with Trumps.  Not for doing something that Trump would not have.  Not for standing aside when Trump would have taken action.

Nope.

Having the temerity of considering putting his hat in the ring for the presidential primaries in two years.

Speaking of great things, the despicable Cocaine Mitch did more for us in a very concrete manner than Trump by simply getting judicial appointments done and vacancies filled with originalist judges.

Bruen wouldn't be a thing without the two of them working this.  I give them credit for working together.

But Trump did not proactively fight the Wu Ping Cough lockdowns, did he?

That was governors.

Fauci works at the pleasure of the president, why didn't Mr Trump fire him?  It was obvious long before the election...

Those things have an effect on voters.

MAGA has a lot in common with GOA.  No compromise, purity of essence shit always gets us nothing.  Especially when the leader of MAGA costs us elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.