25 November 2022

-> <- This Close

FuzzyGeff will be down and I wanna do some gaming!

We've already got characters for Traveller: Interstellar Wars, but I noticed that the stacks of miracle technology was causing some problems with Marv.

There's some intuitive implications of that tech to his character that aren't intuitive to the player.

If we want to stick with science-fiction and space, there's Transhuman Space.

That's hard, crunchy, science-fiction set in the not too distant future.

I am not near so familiar with the setting as Traveller, but it lacks the filling a thimble from a firehose effect I've been doing with Interstellar Wars.

Marv would have to state a preference.

Twilight: 2000 I can do at the drop of a hat.  It, at least, has a simple start and is easily comprehended.

A throw-together fantasy world has also worked well, but not sure what interest there is among my seasonal and tiny group.

Fantasy Old-West is something I've got ready because I've got my world for my novel already in GURPS terms.  This is also an easy setting to explain, and since it's based on the white folks exploring on the other side of the spook-hole, there's not a lot of background they have to be taught that their characters should know that their players won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.