02 January 2016

Moar Mud

Watching the mud tests that Ian and Karl are doing at InRange...

They got an AK to fail.  They've gotten an M1 Garand to fail.  Their first test was a MAS-49/59, M1A and AR-15.  They've even taken a Kel-Tec RDB to task (and it failed too).

The AR has done best of them all, followed by the MAS.

Almost like direct impingement is a reliability enhancer?

In the original test, there was open water, and I was trained to swish my rifle in the water should it get smashed into the mud; something they deliberately didn't do.  Their testing is deliberately making it worst case.

I'll bet a quick swish would have prevented the AK from failing, but the Garand and derivatives were stopped by stuff falling into the action from its mostly open design.

Now I want to see them do more, and they plan it.

In particular, I want them to do a stock M1A vs H&K vs FAL.

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet an SKS does better. It might even improve accuracy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.