24 December 2022

Was My Mom Jewish?

As soon as we didn't have to travel to make it to Christmas dinner with my grandparents, my mom started ordering Chinese take-out for Christmas Eve dinner.

In my sheltered upbringing, I was unaware that this is also a Jewish tradition.

Every once and a great while I wonder if Mom had secretly converted to Judaism.

But then I remember the pork-fried-rice and the BBQ...

Convergent evolution, again.

But then the imagination gets going.

The Gestapo knocks on the door, with receipts from the Chinese place using it to prove we're secret Jews...

My imagination is a surreal place.

2 comments:

  1. just wanted to say Merry Christmas...panzer guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your powder dry.

    Just in case.

    You know the Lefties hate real Jews.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.