13 December 2022

Maybe Even More

Condition is everything for vintage AR parts.

Because I got into the retro thing early on, the condition of my parts is generally excellent.

The condition of the parts kits going for $2k now is not so excellent.

I'm in a having cake or eating cake situation.

To reap the benefits of the appreciation of the parts, I would have to take my retro guns apart and sell said parts.

Then I would not have my retro AR's any more.

I like having them.

I've noticed that I have a lot of guns in this category.

I don't shoot them, but they get a good fondle from time to time.  (I'm dusting, why not fondle while I'm there?)

Noticing this has a tremendous chilling effect on "the wants" for other guns.

It doesn't eliminate those wants, it just makes it easier to bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.