20 May 2023

Appreciation

Grampa's old rat slayer is apparently valuable now.


It's a '39 made Remington 341 in .22.  Short, Long, Long Rifle?  No matter, just changes the number of shots in the tube.

I remember these things being cheap, nearly throw-away, priced.

Even without the sentimental value, I'd keep it because:

It still shoots really well.  Better than Harvey's much newer 10/22 even.

It baffles me that it's gone from being a tomato spike to a $300 rifle in the brief time I've owned it.

4 comments:

  1. Got a couple of .22 tomato stakes myself. A 1940's Remington 510 Targetmaster and an unknown vintage Western Auto Revelation 105 which is a re-branded Marlin 80. I also have a 1947 JC Higgins 101.16 semi auto which is a rebranded Savage. All were brought back to life by me and shoot great.

    They are all also [GASP] dreaded "ghost guns" with no serial numbers or records of ownership.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have an old 22 similar to that... and they are surprisingly accurate... panzer guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family heirlooms are awesome, especially when you have personal memories with it.

    jrg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang... I wrote a long winded reply and must have forgot to sign it or something... Anyway, I have an H&R that looks almost exactly like that one. Remington used to make some fine .22s. Sad what has happened to Remington. Guess maybe that has something to do with why vintage ones are going up. -swj

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.