26 May 2023

We Like Our Wind Farms Like We Like Our Undocumented Immigrants

Out of sight and in some other state.

It amuses me that the want to eliminate reliable means of power generation, but aren't willing to have the unreliable plants put where they can see them.

It occurs to me that we could just build a nuke plant some place and TELL the greenies the power is coming from wind or solar.

They're idiots, they'd never know.

We could even make a "device" that lights up a green LED when plugged into a wall socket to show that they're getting "certified" green energy.

DON'T STEAL MY IDEA!  I think I can retire on this!

I am further amused that there are vast wind farms in the midwest that are owned and operated by the company I pay every month for my electricity.  Wind farms that don't supply the local grid at all, they transmit it down here.

2 comments:

  1. We have wind farms to the West and East of us. Day time isn't so bad but after dark...

    The stupid blinking red lights on the horizon marking the tower location ruin the night view.

    jrg

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It occurs to me that we could just build a nuke plant some place and TELL the greenies the power is coming from wind or solar.

    They're idiots, they'd never know."


    Be sure to reduce the power beginning at civil twilight, then shut it off completely at sunset to make sure they understand it's from a "renewable source." And, since your primary customers will not be using it, sell their unused power to everyone else on the grid.

    Alberto

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.