05 May 2023

Hole In Paper

Widener's was kind enough to let me pick out some ammo to review and this is part one of that! 


 

Federal Premium Law Enforcement Tactical HST 124gr (P9HST1).  At the time you could buy single boxes of 50 rounds, there's just the 1,000 round bulk pack available right this second.

In my M&P 9 2.0 Compact is shoots to the same point of aim as the 115gr FMJ practice ammo I've been shooting.

The astigmatism makes the front slight look a little tilted and I shoot a little left when I have dry eye.

Look at those sharp holes!  This load isn't +P pressure, but it definitely has more thump than the PMC Bronze we shoot most often.  The muzzle flash was making a nice ring around the front of the slide and ejection was energetic.

The Lovely Harvey commented that it kicked just a bit more and I caught her in full recoil.

 She found that it hit the same point of aim as the 115gr stuff too. 


 

That's handy because you can use the cheaper ammo to practice and reserve the hot stuff for when it matters.

Surprisingly my little Shield Plus shot a better group than the compact sized M&P!

Here you can see what muzzle blast and flip there is in a subcompact:

 

 

The disappointing group was from my P320.  And even that wasn't TOO disappointing.  Palm sized instead of fist sized.  And the picture didn't get taken!  Damn phone.

It functioned flawlessly in both M&P compacts, the Shield Plus and P320.

Harvey's compact has been notoriously finicky about what hollow-points it will eat and to find another brand that it likes is a bonus!

I would buy more of this ammo for daily use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.