02 May 2019

Gotta Love Experts

One of the local shops has a WW Greener made gate-loaded double-action revolver.

It bears a strong resemblance to a Royal Irish Constabulary revolver.

It looks almost exactly like the one at this link.



Willard and I didn't know exactly what it was, said so, and I started in on Duck-Duck-Go.

The expert was pontificating that HAD to be .455 Webley and black-powder.

I mentioned that there were lots of rounds it could be chambered in, like .442 Webley, not just .455 but he kept repeating it.

I mentioned that the only way to be sure would be to take measurements of the chambers.

Nope, definitely .455 Webley!

Well, I can't find a single example of this particular pattern of this gun that's not in .450 Boxer Mk 1, aka .450 Adams, though wikipedia assures me they were chambered in other rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.