28 May 2019

Wrong Route

The mortgage payment could not be processed becuase there's now something called an ACH routing number.

This is different from the routing number printed on the checks we've been using for years and years.

The new mortgage company's "how to find your routing number" guide tells me to use the number printed a the check in the same line as the account number...

But that will be rejected.

The routing number I needed was printed, very small, near my bank's name on the check.

The bank explained that we'd probably been using the newer routing number for a long time, it's just that existing accounts updated automatically when the rules changed.

Why did the rules change?

Probably something to do with Warren Drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.