06 May 2019

I Think I Figured It Out

The thing that I've only been aware of subliminally about how the makers of OS's do things.

If they made cars, the upgrade would change the function of the accelerator pedal so that on-the-floor was idle instead of wide-open.

Even worse, they'd swap the brake and accelerator pedals back and forth.

The'd eliminate the turn signal stalk and replace it with a menu driven selection of 20 turn signal modes, and you'd still just use left, right and hazard in real life.  There would be no way to restore function to the "hot-key" of the stalk.

And they'd do this two or three times a year.

I'm sick of these constant revisions in how something works.  I'm not complaining about the shit under the hood, but the tweaking of how I have to use it.

Most recently with Android they changed how a menu item you can click to get more options looks.  It looks like a list now, with no choices.  I guess I was just supposed to KNOW that I was supposed to click on the text to see it do more.  Not that it looks any different from text that does nothing when I click on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.